Terms and Conditions
- Jurassic Coast Tutors is an agent for the provision of one or more tutors to the Client. Jurassic Coast Tutors is a tutoring agency and we are a party to this contract.
- You are referred to in this contract as “the Client” and you are the other party to this contract. You agree to the purchase of tutoring sessions on behalf of the ‘Student’. ‘The Student’ may be yourself or another person. The Student is the person who receives the tutoring service through sessions of tutoring.
- The Client agrees to these terms and conditions which relate to Jurassic Coast Tutors providing a tutor to you.
- The Termination of the Agreement occurs when all the obligations under this contract are complete or discharged, excluding the ongoing undertakings in paragraph 5.4 of this contract. Conclusion of the Agreement will typically occur at the end of the final session but may occur at another time in accordance with Section 6 of this contract.
- Contracts with tutors wishing to deal directly with the client for fees will keep Termination of the Agreement in line with Jurassic Coast Tutors’ Terms and Conditions but will be dealt with directly between the tutor and the Client. Jurassic Coast Tutors will not be held liable in these instances.
- The Client acknowledges that these terms govern the legal rights and obligations between the Client and Jurassic Coast Tutors. Jurassic Coast Tutors reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions as and when required.
- No variation or alteration of these terms by the Client should be valid unless expressly approved in writing by Jurassic Coast Tutors.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Jurassic Coast Tutors agrees to provide qualified and experienced tutors with an Enhanced DBS check.
- Jurassic Coast Tutors will provide regular progress checks against the child’s personalised learning plan and written feedback.
- Jurassic Coast Tutors will also collect the fee on behalf of the tutor together with it’s own fee relating to administration and introduction commission.
- Tutors who choose to arrange direct payments from the Client will be deemed to have paid their introduction commission and administration fees eligible to Jurassic Coast Tutors by the first paid tutoring session arranged through Jurassic Coast Tutors.
AGREEMENT WITH THE TUTOR FOR THE PROVISION OF TUTORING SERVICES
- A tutor will be deemed to have been provided to the Client by Jurassic Coast Tutors.
- By booking a session with the Tutor the Client agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the terms and conditions which govern their relationship.
- Clients should be aware that the Tutor does not have power to bind Jurassic Coast Tutors in any way.
PROHIBITION OF OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
- Jurassic Coast Tutors will provide a self-employed tutor for the Client. After prior arrangement with Alison Bolsover, a tutor will either continue to use the www.jurassiccoasttutors.com website to arrange fees with the Client or agree direct payments between Client and Tutor. Until this arrangement is made ALL fees will be dealt with between Jurassic Coast Tutors and the Client.
- Tutors who do agree to direct payments from the Client will be solely responsible for any payment disputes, early termination of contract or non-payment issues that may arise.
- Also tutors who do agree to direct payments from the Client will keep their tuition fees at the same amount set by Jurassic Coast Tutors (including any fee price changes, discounts or inflation during the duration of the agreement).
- A breach of these terms will render the Client liable to Jurassic Coast Tutors for all sums received by the Tutor direct from the Client or from a new Client without deduction and Jurassic Coast Tutors shall be entitled to seek injunctions against the Client to prevent further breaches. These obligations continue beyond the termination or conclusion of this agreement.
- Should you wish to recommend one of Jurassic Coast Tutors, tutors to any other Potential or Actual Client, the Client must contact Jurassic Coast Tutors to make a booking through the agency.
REPLACEMENTS AND TERMINATION
- If the Tutor is unable to complete the Course of Tuition, or the Client requests a replacement Tutor because they are not satisfied with the original tutor assigned to them, Jurassic Coast Tutors will endeavour to find a suitable replacement Tutor with regard to the level and subject for which tuition is required.
- If Jurassic Coast Tutors is unable to find such a suitable replacement Tutor within a reasonable time to complete the remaining sessions of the Course of Tuition, Jurassic Coast Tutors will refund a portion of the fees paid by the Client representing the number of sessions that the Tutor or any replacement Tutor has been unable to complete.
- If the replacement Tutor meets Jurassic Coast Tutors’ criteria for suitability for the job in terms of subject and level knowledge and is available at the same time or another time convenient for the client, then Jurassic Coast Tutors has fulfilled its obligations; if the Client then wishes to terminate the Tuition mid-course, the provisions of paragraph 6.4 will apply.
- If the Client wishes to terminate the Tuition mid-course for any reason, no refunds can be granted for the balance of sessions that have been taught; furthermore, one weeks’ notice must be provided. In that week the Client may choose to utilise the Session or Sessions which were planned to occur during that week, or not, but will not be refunded if the Client chooses not to utilise the Session or Sessions during that week. Jurassic Coast Tutors will refund all monies prepaid excluding fees for the sessions that have already been taught and those fees for the week following notice of termination.
- The Client will pay not later than 24 hours in advance of the commencement of the sessions.
- Payment will be made via Stripe card payments through Jurassic Coast Tutors website on the products page.
- The Client shall notify Jurassic Coast Tutors immediately and in any event within 24 hours if the Tutor fails to attend work or notifies the client that (s)he is unable to attend work for any reason.
- Jurassic Coast Tutors does not accept liability for any claims by the Client arising out of or related to the provision of tutoring services by the Tutor.
- Jurassic Coast Tutors will not be liable to the Client or any third party for any act, omission or error (whether wilful, negligent of otherwise of the Tutor).
- The Client shall indemnify and keep indemnified Jurassic Coast Tutors against any costs, claims or liabilities incurred by Jurassic Coast Tutors out of any Assignment or as a result of any breach of these Terms by the Client.
- Jurassic Coast Tutors has public liability insurance. Each of our tutors are expected to also hold public liability insurance.
SCHEDULING AND CANCELLATION
- Notice of cancellation of a scheduled tutoring session for any reason must be given by the Client to Jurassic Coast Tutors more than twenty-four hours prior to the Scheduled Session. If notice is not given or is given within 24 hours of the Start of the Session, then the Client will be charged for the full payment for the tutoring.
- Notice of cancellation of a scheduled tutoring session due to ill health or any emergency will be dealt with on a case to case basis at Jurassic Coast Tutors’ discretion.
- Cancellations by the Client of more than 3 weeks in succession, or that which Jurassic Coast Tutors perceive as unreasonable, regular cancellations, will be considered for immediate termination of contract at Jurassic Coast Tutors’ discretion.
SCHOOL HOLIDAY AND BANK HOLIDAY PROVISIONS
- By default, School Holidays and Bank Holidays are times when Jurassic Coast Tutors will not be providing tuition.
- Clients wishing to have tuition during these holiday periods will need to express their wishes at their earliest convenience as places fill up quickly and may be subject to a surcharge on the fees.
TRIAL BOOKINGS AND DISCOUNTS
- Jurassic Coast Tutors may from time to time offer trial bookings, usually as a meet and greet style meeting to see how best to match the student’s needs with tutors’ provisions. These will be determined on a case to case basis and at Jurassic Coast Tutors discretion.
- Jurassic Coast Tutors may from time to time offer discounts for tuition other than the Block Booking discount that is readily available on Jurassic Coast Tutors website. Tuition discounts will be at the discretion of Jurassic Coast Tutors and may be removed at any time.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN JURASSIC COAST TUTORS AND TUTORS
- Jurassic Coast Tutors will check enhanced DBS status and references for each of the tutors we’ll provide to Clients.
- Each Client will be provided to the most suitable tutor for the student, this will be for educational needs as well as proximity to tutors. If sessions are to be online, proximity will not be taken into consideration.
- Each tutor will be registered online with Jurassic Coast Tutors and will provide a photo and biography for the “About Us” page on our website. If you wish to update either your photo or Biography please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details that you wish to change.
- Tutorial sessions fees will be split 20:80, 20% to Jurassic Coast Tutors for hosting and other administration costs and 80% to the tutor, unless tutors have arranged direct payments from the Client.
- Payment for tutorial services will be made directly Stripe. Once a tutor has signed up with Jurassic Coast Tutors they will receive a link to either connect a Stripe account with their account or to set up a stripe account for themselves.
- Each tutor will be able to sign into a dashboard that will allow you to see your earnings to date.
- From the dashboard you will be able to create courses to be sold from the website for personal tuition. Each course that is sold will have the normal 20:80 split, 20% to Jurassic Coast Tutors for hosting and other administration costs and 80% to the tutor. The intellectual property of all courses provided onto Jurassic Coast Tutors website shall be the property of Jurassic Coast Tutors.
- All subjects for courses and finalisation of courses will go through Alison Bolsover before being provided for sale upon our website.
- Tutors are encouraged to write guest blogs for the Jurassic Coast Tutors website.
- Jurassic Coast Tutors’ Logos and Jurassic Coast Tutors’ name are owned by Alison Bolsover and Jurassic Coast Tutors business. They are not to be used in such a way that ownership could be misunderstood.
- The Client agrees that they will not disclose any confidential information concerning the Tutor or Jurassic Coast Tutors to any person for the duration of this agreement and for a period of five years after termination of the agreement, save as required by law, court order or any governmental or regulatory authority.
- Online tuition is conducted through Zoom and each session will be recorded for safeguarding. Clients can request copies of these sessions anytime up to 3 months after the session, when they will be destroyed.