Primary Maths (Ages 7 to 11)
Every child is a unique individual and for that reason the tutoring that we offer is bespoke in nature. Lessons are tailored to the needs of your child and, as such, the information below is intended as a guide only.
Between the ages of 7 – 11 years old, your child will have the opportunity to master a wide variety of skills in Maths such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, mental maths, problem solving (time, measure and money). By the age of 11, your child may have mastered their times-tables up to 12. Practice makes perfect!
Our experienced tutors can help your child grow in confidence in Maths, focussing on age appropriate topics. Here are just a few of the topics that your child will have the opportunity to perfect with one of our fantastic team:
- Ordering, partitioning, and rounding numbers to three decimal places
- Dealing with negative numbers in maths
- Understanding factors and multiples
- Prime numbers less than 100
- Square numbers
- Cube numbers (Year 6 children only)
- Times-tables up to 12 x 12
- Using the four operations confidently
- Working with decimals, fractions, and percentages
- Read and plot coordinates
- Measure and draw acute, obtuse, reflex, and right angles
- And many more . . .
If your son or daughter is in Year 6 at school, our tutors can help them to prepare for their end of Key Stage 2 SAT’s tests in English.
*Covid-19 update on SATs*
The DfE’s intention is for all Primary end of key stage assessments, including KS1/KS2 SATs, to continue as normal during the 2020/2021 academic year.