Jurassic Coast Tutors can offer GCSE Maths tuition for both the Foundation and Higher Tiers. Support may take the form of revision lessons in preparation for a future exam or focussed lessons that help you/your child to get to grips with an area of Maths that you find difficult to grasp. We can also offer the GCSE Mathematics course as a complete course, taught from scratch, either online or face to face.
There are six main areas of study for this course:
3. Ratio, proportion, and rates of change
4. Geometry and measures
There are three exam papers for this qualification: Paper 1 is a non-calculator assessment and Paper’s 2 and 3 allow the use of a calculator.
The aims and objectives of this GCSE course are to enable students to:
- Develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
- Acquire, select, and apply Mathematical techniques to solve problems
- Use mathematical reasoning, make deductions and inferences, and draw conclusions
- Understand, interpret, and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms that are appropriate to the information and context