GCSE Combined Science
The GCSE Combined Science course is designed to be an inclusive course that enables every student to enjoy learning Science and be successful in that learning.
A study of the sciences gives a foundation for understanding the material world. Scientific understanding is changing our lives and is crucial to the future prosperity of the world. Through the study of Science, all students can learn essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science. They are able to develop an appreciation of how complex and diverse phenomena of the natural world can be described in terms of a small number of key ideas that relate to the sciences and that are both inter-linked and of universal application.
The GCSE Combined Science course should enable students to:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of: Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes, and methods of science through different types of scientific enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- Develop and learn to apply observational, practical. Modelling, enquiry, and problem-solving skills in various learning environments
- Develop their ability to evaluate claims based on science through critical analysis of the methodology, evidence, and conclusions, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
Jurassic Coast Tutors can offer support to students to prepare for a Science exam or give focussed help to enable students to get to grips with an aspect of learning in Science that they find challenging.
In conclusion, learning in Science can help students to:
- Develop curiosity about the natural world
- Have an insight into how science works
- Appreciate its relevance to their everyday lives.